Globally, the most commonly used banned drug is Cannabis (Marijuana). Cannabis is a mood-changing drug that affects almost every organ in the body.
What is cannabis?
Cannabis is derived from the dried flowering tops, seeds, stems, and leaves of the hemp plant. Cannabis is used by humans to make seed, medical treatment, fiber, seed oil, and recreationally. In medical fields, cannabis is used to treat chronic pain, nausea, sleep disturbance, muscle spasticity and many other conditions.
If you want to learn about cannabis you may visit https://www.westleafcapital.com/.
Cannabis can be smoked, used as a balm, prepared as a tea or had in products such as brownies or chocolate bars.
Facts on cannabis:
1. The primary ingredient in cannabis is delta-9-tetrahydro-cannabinol (THC).
2. Cannabis contains more than 113 cannabinoids.
3. Cannabis compound can stop the spread of some type of aggressive cancer.
Effect of cannabis:
Cannabis has many effects on the mind and body.THC is quickly immersed in the bloodstream when a person smokes cannabis and it reaches to the brain within a minute. The body absorbs THC slowly when cannabis is eaten. Cannabinoids produced by the body are similar to THC and cannabinoids in cannabis. Cannabinoids acts like the neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters send message among nerve cells throughout the nervous system.
Brain areas involved in memory, thinking, attention, movement, synchronization and time preparation is affected by neurotransmitters.
To attain a feeling of joy, dizziness and relaxation, people use cannabis. Cannabis also creates sensory perception changes like color may seem brighter, music more vibrant and emotion more intense.
Following effects are possible when cannabis is used for the recreational purpose:
1. Variation in view- Cannabis can have a minor intoxicating effect, making people see the truth in an inaccurate way.
2. Alteration in the mood- Some people may become more active, some may experience joy, and some may enter a state of relaxation.
3. Increase heart rate
4. Increase in hunger.
5. Fast breathing.
6. Reduce psychomotor synchronization.
Hazards of cannabis:
Some negative effects of cannabis consumption:
1. You may face an accident if you drive your car within 3 hours of smoking cannabis.
2. Smoking cannabis affects the body’s immune system.
3. Smoking cannabis increases the risk of gum disease.
4. Consumption of cannabis reduces brain function.
5. Use of cannabis may cause acute memory loss.
Cannabis is used to prevent eye disease, glaucoma. Glaucoma damage the optic nerve and cause loss of vision, it also increases pressure in the eyeball. Cannabis is used to decrease pressure inside the eye. Consumption of cannabis may prevent you from blindness.
This was all about cannabis for more information check over here.